How do I delete a contact? Can you make it easier?
You can click “Manage Contact” to bring up the Windows Mobile contact card. From there, click “Menu”, “Delete Contact”. It’s purposely difficult because you don’t want to accidentally delete a contact. This is the alternative to having an annoying popup asking “Are you sure?”
How can I get to the original Windows Mobile contact manager?
iContact installs another program in your start menu, “Outlook Contacts”. This is the original contact manager.
Why does the right softkey on my home screen still open the default contact manager?
Make sure you installed iContact from its .cab file. Also try rebooting your phone. Sometimes I’ve found that if the standard contact manager is running (even in the background), that the right softkey will then open the standard contact manager instead of iContact. If the default contacts program gets loaded, it overrides iContact. You’ll need to close the default contacts program via task manager to get iContact to take control again.
How do I see SIM contacts?
You can copy your SIM contacts to your phone’s built-in Contacts database using the SIM Manager utility.
How do I search company directory?
Please use the default “Outlook Contacts” from your start menu. iContact cannot do this.
How do I sort by first name?
While iContact will only sort by the built-in “File As” field in your contacts, there is a utility to easily update the File As field for all your existing contacts: contact changer. Thanks for the tip DeeDee!
How can I restore my home screen “contacts” button?
Execute this restore-contacts-button.cab on your phone.
I can’t uninstall. How do I manually uninstall?
First try uninstalling again after a soft-reset. If that still won’t work for you, you can delete the files manually (I suggest over an ActiveSync connection). Also restore the contacts button by executing restore-contacts-button.cab on your phone.
- Program FilesiContact entire directory
- WindowsStart MenuiContact.lnk
- WindowsStart MenuOutlook Contacts.lnk
- WindowsStart MenuSettingsiContact.lnk
How do I refresh the “all contacts” cache?
or, why does a contact not disappear from the list when I delete it?
or, why does a contact not show up on the list when I add it?
While viewing the “all contacts” tab, touch the contacts tab at the bottom of the screen again.
Can you integrate it better with the OS?
or, can you make it work better with TF3D / Manila / TF2D / Wisbar Advance Desktop / call logs
Trust me, if I could integrate it better, I would.
How do I scroll using the Diamond Touch Sensor?
Hold your thumb on the middle of the dpad, then tilt the phone up or down. Release your thumb to stop the scrolling.
What other branches of iContact are available?
The original source for iContact v0.6 was provided by Larna, and my branch was derived from this. Before starting work on the update, I contacted Larna and received permission to continue the “official” branch. So if you are looking for the official version, you’ve found it. My continued development was announced on May 28, 2008. But since it’s an open-source codebase, many other branches have sprouted up:
- Burt’s Edition was announced on June 23, 2008 and backported from my work until v0.73 and after that was developed seperately. Burt’s edition includes many custom tweaks and updates, lots of settings, and more pictures in more places. It also comes at a price: more memory consumption and a slightly slower execution.
- Ender’s Edition was announced July 25, 2008 and was originally branched off of my work up through v0.76 and after that was branched off Burt’s edition v6. An unfortunate version numbering scheme (.76e, .76f, 1.01, 1.02, 1.03) without distinguishing that it is Ender’s branch, has led to some confusion as to which is the latest version of iContact. Enders’ version was released August 6, 2008.
- Avian Edition was announced March 1, 2009 and promises to continue where Burt’s edition is falling behind. It is being actively developed.
Does iContact support video calling?
No, and it’s something that I don’t use so it’s not likely to be added by me.
How can I remove a shortcut from the start menu once I’ve created it with v0.94?
Delete the file manually using File Explorer. It’s created in WindowsStart MenuPrograms . The next version of iContact will make this easier.
Why is the scrolling so whacked out on my Samsung device?
People with Samsung hardware hacked with HTC firmware have noticed strange problems related to the sensor libraries… try disabling the sensor input by setting “enableSensor” = 0 in the registry:
"HKCUSoftwareSupware.netiContactenableSensor" (string) = "0"
I’ve cabbed it up to make it easy. Just download and run iContact-disable-sensor.cab on your phone.